Saturday, October 14, 2006

Identity.

Defining one's self is a process that never ends, beginning at our first conscious experience and possibly transcending into the afterlife. Nothing can stop the ongoing formatting of our personalities. We are known for one trait or another, whether it has positive or negative connotations. I say this given my current situation in my social circles.
I think I know where I belong, but I still exist somewhere outside of the main groups formed by those I have met. Being a necessary part of a group is not my only means of emotional fulfillment, nor should it be. But, acting as a peripheral part of several groups doesn't quite have the same meaning as a role as a necessary part of a group does. Granted, I am introverted and to myself. Yes, I find happiness in my solitude-but it gets boring sometimes. Maybe my problem is that I am not aggressive enough with my social building skills. Most of the friends I have came about passively, as is the case with many people. I am not quick to reject someone simply because they do not belong with the status quo, but there are some people I seem to ignore. Not that they're horrible people, I just don't feel like seeking out other means.
Then again, when I am aggressive in my strategy, it backfires on me. Join an organization, they say. I did, and I feel out of place with everyone within two years of my age. This has plagued me: it always seems like I was born too late. Maybe I should have been advanced a year back in elementary school. I have to make the most of my situation, and the situation sucks. Where this particulary bothers me is in the field of..hmm, I can't call it romance, I can't call it lust, what the hell am I supposed to call it? Alright, the pursuit of the opposite sex.
An area I've had no success with, ever. Ah, the failure stories I can tell, they're fucking...depressing. They're not even awesome, they just suck. Maybe they'll draw empathy, but wow, that's a low move. I'd just like a girl who's not in a relationship to like me for who I am and vice versa...but that will never happen or something. Or maybe. I really didn't clear up what I wanted to clear up.

No comments: